TOP HEN Party DESTINATIONS
One of the first decisions you need to make is to choose where you are going to spend the weekend. Would you like to be beside the sea? Perhaps you would prefer a country retreat? Or maybe the city is more up your street? If there isn’t a location that immediately stands out to you, we've compiled some ideas to help you find your ideal hen party destination...
TOP ACCOMMODATION FOR HEN PARTIES
Once you have chosen the destination you need to find yourselves hen do accommodation that ticks three main criteria; convenient location, suitable for your group size, and meets your group's budget.
Depending on your hen's style and personality, you may choose a beautiful country house with picturesque surroundings for a relaxing hen weekend away. If your main intention is to go out for fine dining and nightlife, then a hotel or luxury self catering apartment might be a better choice for you. Take a look at some of our most popular hen do accommodation below, but we have plenty more for you to choose from across the UK!
Hen Do Activity Combos
Experienced and loved by thousands of hens, we've made it easy for you to choose activities by bundling together our most popular experiences. Exceptional value and unforgettable fun. If you want a tailor made hen combo - get in touch and we'll make it happen.
TOP HEN DO ACTIVITIES
Once you've booked your hen party accommodation, it's time to for the fun part - organising some fun hen party activities and games! Our advise is to split this into daytime and evening activities. Fill the day with something interactive such as cocktail making, or something silly and hilarious like It's a Knockout. For the evening a favourite is to make use of your property and book in private catering, served by buff butlers. We've listed all the best hen party activities so you don't have to!
Top blogs for brides
Need a hand planning your hen party? Perhaps you just need help with wedding planning in general? Our experienced planners have got you covered. Read our top hen and bride blogs below.
6 STEPS TO ORGANISING A HEN PARTY
1) Create a Guest List – Who are the non-negotiable invites? Will the hen want her mum / mother in-law / sister there? Does the hen have any colleagues outside of her immediate friendship group that should be invited?
2) Start a Group Chat – Communication is one of the most important things to a successful hen party. Start a Facebook Messenger or Whatsapp group chat. This way you’ll save yourself the stress of having to message individual people constantly.
3) Decide on a destination– You can either decide this yourself as the lead hen do organiser, or vote as a group. Are you going abroad or sticking to the UK? City break or would you rather a bit more space out in the country? Whatever you choose, think about what the hen would love.
4) Book Accommodation – Before organising anything else, get your hen accommodation booked. There’s no point booking activities and travel to a destination that you can’t find accommodation for. Agree on a budget with your group and secure a house or hotel with a deposit first.
5) Book Activities – Once accommodation is booked you’ll know what is left of the budget to source and book some activities. We have heaps of bundles that you can choose from or browse our individual activities and create a bespoke combo. You can create a weekend full of things the bride loves or alternatively, choose something she's never done!
6) Nitty-gritty details; Travel, Food – With most things paid for and now arranged, think about the finer details. How are you travelling to and from your base and activities? What will you be eating and drinking? Do you need to buy any hen related novelties or outfits for both the lead hen and her trustee hens?
✔️ Dedicated Event Planner ✔️ 24 Hour Emergency Assistance ✔️ Manage Your Booking Online
5 OVERLOOKED TIPS FOR ORGANISING A STRESS FREE HEN PARTY
1) You can’t please everyone – It's better to accept that not everyone will agree or want to do everything on the hen party. Don't let negativity or "no's" get you down. You're the person putting in the hard work and organising everything - give yourself a huge amount of credit and remember you were the chosen one. If there's a mixed opinion, go with what you think the bride will want to do most.
2) Bathrooms and mirrors – This may or may not be something you can influence, but it's worth thinking about the bathroom situation when all the hens are wanting to get ready. The more bathrooms and mirrors, the less stress for everyone and the quicker you can get out to the party - especially if you're travelling in a big group.
3) Set expectations with booking – Once your group has all agreed to a price and paid, it’s not fair if later on someone drops out and demands their money back, which would increase the cost for all the other hens. Set expectations early and let them know they won't be able to get their money back if they change their mind.
4) Plan your travel – How do you plan to travel around? For large groups staying outside the city-centre but within reach, we highly recommend pre-booking mini-buses or cabs / Ubers. If you have this all set in advance then your hen party itinerary will run a lot more smoothly, and it will probably save you money overall. Just remember to save an itinerary that you can easily access whilst on the hen trip.
5) Order a food shop – If you have booked a beautiful retreat for you and the hens, ordering a food shop to your hen house is a brilliant and cost-effective idea. Split the cost amongst everyone, stock up the house with treats, drink and breakfast bites, and enjoy one of the best holidays of your life. This will also save a lot of room in the car when travelling.
Tell us what you'd like to plan for your hen do...
Our hen do experts are on hand to support you with whatever you need to arrange the best hen party possible. Drop us a quick enquiry below, or call us on 01273 858206.