Hen Parties in Bristol
Bristol is one of those brilliant UK cities that has something for everyone. A slice of the gorgeous countryside, a wander around the historic sites, or a day with the girls where you shop until you drop! That’s without mentioning the brilliant range of bars and clubs Bristol has to offer. The key to a successful hen do is always planning. So make sure you keep reading to find out how to make your hen weekend in Bristol the best hen you’ll ever go on.
Bristol Hen Do Accommodation
The amount of delightful hen do accommodation available in Bristol is staggering. We have a huge selection of cute country cottages to luxury townhouses for you to choose from, but whatever your style is we have a Bristol hen house just for you. It's worth being aware that if you're staying in a house outside the city you'll need to factor in travel between your accommodation and hen activities. But a cheeky bonus is that you'll also be within travel distance of another popular hen destination; beautiful Bath.
Why have a hen weekend in Bristol?
The sheer variety that Bristol hen weekends can provide you with is a stand out for many. Passing over the Clifton Suspension Bridge is a sight to behold, and a day of country activities like clay shooting and paintballing is just around the corner. There is no denying that Bristol is both an attractive and exciting place to be. The Bristol International Balloon Fiesta is an annual four-day free festival of hot air ballooning, where thousands enjoy the picturesque views of the hot air balloons drifting over the countryside. Although Bristol is a very modern city in terms of what it has to offer travellers, some of its architecture dates back to medieval times.
One of the most important factors for any hen weekend away is the nightlife, and Bristol is packed full of it. Some have even referred to it as legendary! Glamorous speakeasies, underground gigs, magic, comedy, and karaoke bars. Adding to this Bristol has a thriving LGBT scene. Making memories for your hen do really is the most important thing - so get planning and get yourselves out there!
TOP HEN DO ACTIVITIES IN BRISTOL
- Country Farmer Games - Nine fabulous, proper funny fancy dress games perfect for making memories on your hen party.
- Cocktail Masterclass - Enjoy a welcome drink as you get ready to make your very own cocktails taught by cocktail masters. Expect alcohol and laughs - there's plenty of it.
- Totally Wiped Out - A mixture of games from our favourite TV shows will bring out your competitive side! Take on the teams and watch as your hen party gets totally wiped out!
Best Restaurants for a Hen Do in Bristol
- Three Brothers Burgers - If you’re looking for one of the best burgers in town with the most desirable view, Three Brothers is your place. Sitting on Welsh Back with lovely views over the water.
- The Real Greek - If you’re not looking for your classic English pub grub kind of food. This gorgeous restaurant can offer you all of your vegan needs! Since becoming vegan has been so popular recently, this restaurant has tailored its menu to create some seriously yummy foods.
- Tare - If you’re looking for something slightly up-market where you and your hens can dress up for the evening and enjoy some fine dining - Tare is the place to go. With a 5* rating on food, it’ll be hard to find somewhere better.
A Quick Step by Step Guide to a Hen Do in Bristol
Day One - Kick off with an activity - travelling never makes you feel refreshed so why not put your activewear on and get yourselves out to a sporty activity! Something to lift all of your spirits and get your hen do off to a flying start. Make a reservation for a fine dining restaurant so you can get all dressed up for the evening and head on out for a couple of cocktails before (and after) dinner.
Day Two - Get up early and have a wander around the gorgeous city, pop in somewhere boujie for breakfast/ brunch and perhaps have a cheeky little shop too. Head on to activity no.2 - After your sporty start and a boozy night you might want to book something a bit more relaxing so that you’ve saved some of that energy to boogie the night away!
Day Three - Have a lay-in, you deserve it. Book into the local spa for a bit of R&R before you head back. Maybe a nice spot for lunch for the girls before you head back to get packed, ready to travel home with all of your lovely Bristol hen party memories and stories!
What's the best way to travel around Bristol?
Like any city, public transport or a taxi is always far less stressful than trying to navigate yourself with your maid of honour giving you all the wrong directions. So take the stress away from yourself, book a group taxi or coach if there are more than a few of you, and head into the city - especially if you’re staying outside in the gorgeous countryside.
The train is another brilliant option, park and ride is also another favourite for travelling around Bristol. On the rare occasion there is also a boat service where you can get transported over the water - we wouldn’t advise doing this after a few drinks!
What are the best Cocktail Bars in Bristol?
- The Gold Bar - Bristol's most boujie cocktail bar, cosy on in and get your favourite flavour followed by the dreamiest insta snaps from your girls' classy hen night out. Set within one of Bristol's most central historic buildings, this luxurious bar is there to meet your every need along with fitting music.
- Hyde & Co - Low-lit gentleman's club meets speakeasy vibes, this bar is certainly one to hit before you make it to the dance floor. Equipped with a delightful range of cocktails and drinks to make you never want to leave!
- Roxy Lanes - Bringing you all of the fun and activities you could want whilst getting a little bit merry with your hens. 8 full-size bowling lanes, batting cages for baseball and tennis, shuffleboards, full-size pool tables, beer pong, ice-free curling, duck pin bowling, arcade games, and a karaoke booth. What more could you want?
What are the best night clubs in Bristol?
- Blame Gloria - Are you a David Bowie or Jimi Hendrix enthusiast? Look no further than Blame Gloria. Inspired by David Bowie’s very own makeup artist and a lady who previously dated Jimi Hendrix. Gloria was known for her Flaming Zombie Cocktail which David said was like drinking rock in a glass. The decor and atmosphere at this gorgeous bar is one not to miss - especially if you’re looking to dance.
- Tonight Josephine -Second Bridge is one of Bath's biggest party venues. With four dynamic spaces to move around in, an LED spectacle and immersive sound systems you're guaranteed to have a night to remember.
- Lakota - One of the last remaining parts of Bristol’s Stokes Croft Brewery. Lakota is easily one of Bristol’s best clubs, DJ’s and live acts come to this event space from all over to make sure everyone has the time of their lives.
Speak to a hen expert: