Top Accommodation for Stag Weekends
Once you have chosen your stag do destination, it’s time to find a place to rest your weary heads after all the activities you’ve booked and a big night out. You have two choices; rent a large self-catering property with great social spaces to act as a base for your stag weekend, or book a city centre hotel – cheap and cheerful.
What stag accommodation you book will depend on a few different factors including location, facilities, availability and price. Below are some of our most popular stag do houses, but we have plenty more across the UK!
Stag Do Activity Combos
Tried, tested and enjoyed by thousands. These are some of our most loved and asked for activities bundled together. Exceptional value and unforgettable fun. If you want a tailor made stag combo - get in touch and we'll make it happen.
Top Stag Do Activities
Now you have the location and accommodation, you need to choose some activities to keep the stag party entertained during the day. You could go quad biking or take part in an army assault course, maybe you would like to make your own cocktails or perhaps you would enjoy a rock band experience or a life drawing class. We've compiled all the top ideas for stag parties for you.
Top Stag Blogs
Need a hand planning your stag do? Perhaps you just need help with wedding planning in general? Our experienced planners have got you covered. Read our top stag blogs below.
6 Steps to organising a stag party
1) Create a Guest List – Who are the non-negotiable invites? Will the stag want his father / father in-law / brother there? Does the stag have any other friendship groups or colleagues who you wouldn’t know that need to be invited?
2) Start a Group Chat – How are you going to communicate with the rest of the stag group? Individual messages will drive you made, to start a Facebook Messenger or Whatsapp group chat.
3) Decide on a destination– You can either decide this yourself as the lead stag do organiser, or vote as a group. Are you going abroad or sticking to the UK? City break or something remote? Whatever you choose, have the stag in mind.
4) Book Accommodation – Before organising anything else, get your stag accommodation booked. There’s no point booking activities and travel to a destination that you can’t find accommodation for. Agree a budget with your group and secure a house or hotel with a deposit.
5) Book Activities – Once accommodation is booked you’ll know what is left of the budget to source and book some activities. We have heaps of individual and bundled activities for you to choose from.
6) Nitty-gritty details; Travel, Food – With most things paid for and now arranged, think about the finer details. How are you travelling to and from your base and activities? What will you be eating and drinking? What ridiculous outfit will the stag dress up in, and do you all need matching outfits? Who’s brining the beer cups and cards?
5 Overlooked Tips for organising a stress free stag do
1) You can’t please everyone – It’s almost impossible to book all the elements of a stag do without someone not wanting to participate in something. Don’t stress about it. You’re putting in the time to make sure the stag do happens and you’re doing the best you can.
2) Slow responses from the group – It’s frustrating but worth accepting that not everyone in your stag group will reply to your messages quickly. Give deadlines and if they don’t respond, they miss out and it's their fault, not yours.
3) Set expectations with booking – Once your group has all agreed to a price and paid, it’s not fair if later on someone drops out and demands their money back, which would increase the cost for all the other stags. Set expectations and let them know they won't be able to get their money back.
4) Plan your travel – How are you going to get from your stag accommodation to your activity, and back again? If you don’t plan this you’ll likely to spend a fortune on taxis or simply not be able to get to where you need to go. Our advice for large groups is to pre-book mini-buses and taxis. This will take the pressure off you on the day and likely be the cheaper option too.
5) Order a food shop – If you’ve hired your own house for the stag weekend, do an online food shop a few nights before the stay and get it delivered to your house. Splitting this food cost between the group will save you money and ensure you’re stocked with booze and comfort foods to keep the hangovers at bay.
Tell us what stag do accommodation you're interested in...
Our stag do accommodation experts are on hand to support you with whatever you need to arrange the best stag do possible. Drop us a quick enquiry below, or call us on 01273 858206.