Explore Oxford on your Hen Weekend
Welcome to the enchanting city of Oxford, where unforgettable memories await you on your dream hen weekend! Nestled amidst picturesque landscapes and steeped in rich history, Oxford is the perfect hen party destination to celebrate in style. Our team of Oxford hen party specialists are here to ensure your trip is full of extraordinary moments and planned to perfection. We'll help organise comfortable and stunning accommodation and a range of activities to excite all the ladies in your hen troupe. Whether you're seeking relaxation, adventure, or a delightful blend of both, we've handpicked the best options so that you can relax and know you have an extraordinary Oxford hen weekend ahead.
Oxford Hen Do Accommodation
We're delighted to present a carefully curated selection of exceptional Oxford hen party accommodation options. We have charming self-catering cottages in the idyllic Oxfordshire countryside where you can escape the busy day-to-day life stresses and relax with your fellow hens. We also offer central accommodation options for hen groups that want to make the most of this incredible city, its restaurants and busy, vibrant nightlife. Whether you envision a relaxing retreat or a vibing city-center stay, our accommodations provide the ideal base for your hen group to unwind, bond, and create lasting memories.
Why 100,000 guests have celebrated with us
⁕ Best prices guaranteed: Found a better rate for a similar package, let us know and we’ll beat it.
⁕ Flexible group size: We don’t need your final numbers until 8 weeks prior to your event, an estimate will do for now.
⁕ 24hr emergency support: We won't leave you high & dry whilst you’re on your event, our 24hr answer-phone line will be on hand whatever the hour.
⁕ Only the best suppliers: Over the last 20 years we’ve discovered the best accommodation, activities and of course, the finest eateries (and drinkeries).
BEST NIGHTLIFE AREAS IN OXFORD FOR YOUR HEN PARTY
1) Park End Street - One of the biggest and most popular evening streets in Oxford, filled with lively clubs and bars. You can find ATIK, one of Oxford's biggest clubs here, and other popular late night destinations like The Bridge and Thirst Bar. One of the best areas to get your groove on and throw down some serious smooth moves.
2) Jericho - Situated in the city centre and is a compact and convenient hotspot for nightlife in Oxford. There's a charming bohemian ambiance, and a mix of trendy bars and cozy pubs. A top starting point for the hens planning an exciting evening out in the town.
3) Cowley Road - Well known by locals for its eclectic and electrifying atmosphere in the evening. It boasts a diverse array of bars, pubs and live music venues with everything from indie and jazz music to stylish cocktail bars.
4) George Street - All your favourite chain bars can be found on George Street. It's a safe and familiar environment for most hen groups.
BEST COCKTAIL BARS FOR AN OXFORD HEN DO
- The Alchemist - Situated in the heart of Oxford, The Alchemist has a grand reputation for its innovative, eye-catching and theatrical cocktails. A visit here is a feast for all the senses.
- The Varsity Club - Perhaps one of Oxford's most famous venues in the city centre with panoramic roof terrace views of the city's skylines.
- Raoul's Bar -Tucked away on Walton Street, Raoul's Bar is a stylish and intimate cocktail bar known for its expert mixologists and creative concoctions.
- Freud - Also located on Walton Street and known for having an extensive list of cocktails and a great party atmosphere, perfect for hen groups.
- Be at One - Energetic chain cocktail bar with expertly mixed drinks and fair price, plus a fun filled atmosphere for a spirited troupe.
- The Mad Hatter - Stumble down the rabbit hole to this unique cocktail bar. Liven things up with a bit of karaoke.
MUST SEE ATTRACTIONS AND SIGHTS ON YOUR OXFORD HEN WEEKEND
We're fully aware that traditional sightseeing is at the top of the to-do list for most hen party groups, but it would be a shame not to be aware or take a cursory look at some of Oxford's top attractions and both new and old wonders!
Did you know you can take part in your own punting experiences down the River Thames? Choose whether you want to drive your boats down the river, or have a chauffeur glide you down with prosecco and blankets.
If your group are historians and love architecture, why not take a tour around one of Oxford's prestigious universities, or the iconic Bodleian Library which is one of the oldest in Europe. For the Harry Potter fans in your group a wizard themed walking tour is essential. You can visit set locations such as The Great Hall at Christ Church College or The Divinity School which was used as Hogwarts inspiration.
When you have a moment to spare and need something a little more light-hearted on your Oxford hen weekend, head over to the bustling Covered Market which is a vibrant hub of local shops and boutiques, cafes and food stalls. Just a fantastic place to indulge in the senses and delicious delicacies.
For ladies of leisure and culture, we recommend trying to tie your hen party in with a threat performance and one of the city's most famous theatres such as the Oxford Playhouse or the Sheldonian Theatre. After all, not every hen do has to be centred around alcohol - take part in experiences that you wouldn't usually and make some unforgettable memories.
Why have a hen weekend in Oxford?
Oxford, The City of Dreaming Spires, is famous for its University and place in history. For over 800 years, it has been a home to royalty and scholars, and since the 9th century an established town, although people are known to have lived in the area for thousands of years. So if you are looking for a sophisticated hen party Oxford will be the answer.
With its mix of ancient and modern, there is plenty to enjoy on a hen weekend in Oxford. Whether it's relaxing in a spa house, to a more energetic country pursuit's day, we are on hand to suggest some great party ideas! Going out for a drink or a meal in, taking in a show or shopping till you drop, Oxford hen parties are a no brainer.
4 TIPS FOR ORGANISING YOUR OXFORD HEN DO
- Embrace Oxford's rich historical charm - The city is renown for its stunning architecture and this could play into your theme for the hen weekend, visiting unique sights or taking part in activities in exclusive experiences.
- Seasonal delights - Depending on when you plan your hen do in Oxford, the city will change in colour and busyness. Autumn offers beautiful foliage and seasonal events, and the winter period sees ice skating rinks and cosy pub atmospheres.
- Make use of your weekend accommodation and also keep your hen budget in check by doing a supermarket food shop. There are both big and small supermarkets located all over Oxford.
- Spa Retreats & Pampering - Oxford boasts several luxurious spas and wellness centres which are absolutely perfect for hen parties that want to treat themselves to all the comforts and feel their best before an evening out.
Make a quick enquiry for accommodation!
Looking for self-catering accommodation to host a large group? We work with hundreds of properties across the UK. Let us know what type of event you're planning and our Event Specialists will find the perfect accommodation.