Published on Oct 5, 2011
Daunted by the prospect and responsibility of organising your friend’s or your own stag weekend? There’s a lot to think about and arrange before the weekend even starts. We’ve put together some top tips to help get you started!
1) Where? Do you want to stay right in the heart of the action in a city or chill out somewhere in a country retreat? You also need to decide whether you’d prefer to stay in a budget or luxury hotel or fantastic self catering accommodation.
2) Who? Draw up a list and then discuss with the groom-to-be who he definitely wants to attend, who are maybes etc. Some activities require minimum numbers so you need to factor this in to your numbers.
3) When? Normally the stag weekend will be a few weeks before the big event itself, but just ensure you get the date in everyone’s diaries early.
4) What? There are a whole variety of activities to choose from. Maybe activities such as airsoft or paintballing, motor activities such as quad biking or go-karting or watersports such as zap cat powerboats or wakeboarding.
5) How much? Set a budget. The stag weekend needs to be affordable for the majority of people. See if you can make the weekend a bit flexible so that people can do some of the activities but not necessarily all of them if money is tight.
Read the full A-Z of planning a stag party and then get in touch with Adventure Connections to discuss your ideas and help you with the planning! Take a look at our website for over 50 activities for a fantastic stag weekend or call us on 08451 251 251.