Activity : Southampton Land, Sea and Air Event – SOU2429
Here are the highlights of the Southampton Land, Sea and Air Event:
- RIB Power Boats
- Instruction -Skippers
- Specialist Equipment
- Protective Wet Weather
- Catering Package
- Minimum group size is 25 people
With Europe's largest fleet of Ribs and the market leading provider of Rib Charter your event is sure to go off with a splash!
The Southampton Land, Sea and Air event is a seamless day of competitive action involving helicopters, powerboats and off-roading set in the New Forest National Park and on the beautiful Western waters of the Solent.
Operating out of the excellent and exclusive seafood restaurant bar in Lymington Yacht Haven, enjoying panoramic views over the Solent, the day will be non-stop action punctuated only by excellent food and finished with a Pimms prize giving reception.
Using either Sunseekers or for ultimate thrill, Ribs, the 4x4's of the sea, you will spend half a day speeding across the Solent in tight formation going from port to port for fiendish challenges as part of a Treasure Hunt, or to just enjoy the spectacle.
Ashore, we have the ultimate driving challenge: Private use of one of the UK's most exciting purpose built 4x4 courses with the all time legendary off road machine - the Landrover Defender. Each participant will receive full instruction and have ample opportunity to drive.
Step from the Landrover into a twin engine Squirrel for an aerial tour of that most famous of landmarks, the Needles, together with Hurst Castle, Alum Bay, the ancient port of Yarmouth with the UK's longest wooden pier and the Castle guarding the Harbour before flying back.
Land, Sea and Air Event Itinerary
We are happy to start the event whenever it suits. We are able to add in or subtract components to ensure a great event even if you want a late start and an early finish. Usually we find groups join us at 10.00 and expect to have finished their Pimms by 5.30pm.
- Join us in Lymington Yacht Haven for coffee, oj and bacon rolls
- Assemble to receive a full safety and event briefing
- Split into different teams and appoint team leaders
- Board the fleet of Sunseeker Super Hawks or Ribs
- Enjoy some high speed close formation driving
- Plan your team's strategy with a little help from the skipper
- Stop in various ports and go ashore to complete the tasks
- Expect to visit Yarmouth and Cowes on The Isle of Wight
- Compete in the fiendish yet fun treasure hunt
- The photographs are particularly important and great fun
- Enjoy lunch in the seafood restaurant overlooking the Solent
- Jump in the landrovers and drive less than a mile to the 4x4 course
- Receive full off road instruction from our experts
- Drive one of the UK's best and most demanding courses
- Step from the landrovers into the helicopters
- Over fly the Needles, Hurst Castle and Yarmouth Castle
- Return to the 4x4 course and drive less than a mile to the Marina
- Teams compete for points and medals for the winners
- Enjoy a Pimms or rum punch prize giving reception
The price includes all the costs associated with the event from the moment you arrive to the time that you depart. Lifejackets must be worn on the boats and oilskins are on board for everybody.
The catering for this event includes breakfast, lunch, soft drinks, and celebratory drinks at the prize giving.
Participants will need a reasonable level of physical health rather than fitness. This event is unsuitable for those with knee, hip, back, neck or weight problems, and those who are pregnant.
The Ribs are fast, fun, safe and immaculately presented. The Ribs are Coastguard coded and surveyed. The skippers are fully qualified, commercially endorsed, and carry significant public liability insurance not just for the Ribs but for all aspects of our event management services.
Whilst the Ribs are based on the South Coast, we are able to operate them virtually anywhere. We frequently run events on the River Thames not to mention European locations such as Holland where the ribs were supporting the Volvo Ocean Race - 20 in all!
In addition, we can assist you with all the extra arrangements. Such as;
- Accommodation in Award winning local hotels
- Hassle free transport from private luxury cars to coaches
- Conference and meeting rooms
- Corporate signage
- Battle flags
- Clothing and accessories
- A marine photographer with CD of photos
- Evening catering from BBQ to formal dinners