Accommodation : Oxford Hen House – OXF2469
Here are the highlights of the Oxford Hen House:
- 8 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Open fireplace
- Private Tennis Court
- Sleeps up to 16 guests
This is a truly magnificent house. Set at the end of a mile long drive and in the stunning Cotswolds grounds, this Oxford hen house is one to savour and perfect for a self catering break. An enormous farmhouse with accommodation for up to 16 people, it is a holiday house which is absolutely perfect for large get-togethers. Internally the house has large and welcoming living space downstairs, including three living rooms and two kitchens.
Upstairs are eight large bedrooms and four bathrooms. Outside, the house enjoys uninterrupted views over the Oxfordshire Cotswolds from the immaculate gardens, including a tennis court and large gated pond.
The gardens are large and ideal for games and playing. This unique and spacious house is an exceptional choice and one which we feel ideal for large parties who enjoy the very best in self catering accommodation.
Accommodation at the Oxford Hen House
- Entrance through to second kitchen, useful for those who wish to use catering services.
- Playroom with two sofas, flatscreen TV, DVD, video plus books and games
- Kitchen, a large room with Aga, four oven & two hotplates, electric hob & oven, dishwasher, microwave plus pine dining table and chairs.
- Dining Room with large dining table and chairs to accommodate a maximum of 16 people.
- Living Room One, with sofa and chairs, open fireplace, plus TV and superb views across the garden, piano.
- Living Room Two, a vast room with two large sofas, additional seating, open fireplace, views across the garden and French doors to garden.
- Utility Room with washing machine and tumble drier.
- Cloakroom with WC and washbasins.
Upstairs at the Manor House
- Master Bedroom with double bed, wardrobes, sofa and Ensuite Bathroom(1) with shower, WC and washbasin.
- Bedroom Two, with two single beds, wardrobe and Ensuite Bathroom(1) with shower, WC and washbasin. (This is a 'Jack and Jill' bathroom, meaning it has direct access to a shared bathroom with the master bedroom)
- Bedroom Three with two single beds, wardrobe and washbasin
- Family Bathroom(2) with bath, handheld shower, WC and washbasin
- Bedroom Four with two single beds and wardrobe and washbasin
- Bedroom Five with double bed and Ensuite Bathroom(3) with bath, shower over, WC and washbasin
- Bedroom Six with two single beds
- Bedroom Seven with double bed, fixed cot, wardrobe, washbasin.
- Bedroom Eight with two single beds, fixed cot, washbasin and wardrobe
- Family Bathroom(4) with bath, handheld shower, WC and washbasin
Outside of the Manor House
To the front of the house is a large gravelled drive with ample parking. To the rear is a very large garden mainly grassed, with tables and chairs. There is a tennis court, plus a second garden, gated, with a large pond. (Parents of young children should be aware of this.) Surrounding the garden are fields and to one side a working farm, not related to this property.