Accommodation : .Nottingham Riverside Self Catering House – NOT2564
Here are the highlights for Riverrun Stone Chapel:
- Eight bedrooms
- Five bathrooms
- Views of the River Derwent
- Finnish Sauna Suite
- Lawned garden with BBQ
- Sleeps up to 22 guests
Stay in Riverrun Stone Chapel, a converted chapel that sleeps up to 22 guests with river views.
This Nottingham riverside self catering house was created by the conversion of a large Methodist Chapel and Schoolroom, built in 1846 in the conservation area of a historic mill village, in the wooded valley of the River Derwent. Nottingham and a whole range of activities are within a short driving distance.
This split-level property has been skilfully converted retaining much of the Chapel's original character and charm, with exposed beams, some original pews, marble plaques, chapel doors, and with the old pulpit featured in the balconied lower lounge! There's a 38ft beamed & galleried lounge, a Finnish sauna-suite, fully-equipped kitchen, a wealth of bathrooms and some en-suite facilities, and an upper extra lounge, overlooking the River Derwent.
The Self Catering Chapel
- Large galleried lower-level lounge with original pulpit
- Second vaulted and beamed lounge on Second floor
- Balustraded dining area overlooking the main lounge
- Quality fully fitted kitchen with two Britannia gas ranges, two fridges, freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble-dryer.
- 3 bedrooms on the Ground floor: 1 double room & 1 twin room (each with vanity basins), 1 family twin room with extra single bed & Finnish sauna suite.
- First floor has 1 family room with a double bed and extra single bed
- 4 bedrooms on the Second floor: 1 twin room with extra single bed, 1 double bedroom with vanity basin, 1 family double room with extra single and vanity basin, 1 twin with rear stairs access, plus double sofa-bed in upper lounge.
5 bath / shower rooms. Seven showers in total. All bedrooms have a vanity basin except the upstairs twin bedroom.
- Ground floor bathroom, plus shower ensuite
- First floor bathroom with bidet and extra shower cubicle, plus shower ensuite
- Second floor - three ensuite shower rooms
- The chapel house has its own little raised lawned garden with ramp access, and picnic tables and barbecue. In addition, there is a further two acres of steep woodland reached by a very steep path from the garden.