Activity : The Great British Bakery Off – 17339
Here's what is included in your Baking Day:
- Professional chef
- Exclusive use of kitchen & dining area
- Your choice of two bakes
- Ingredients & utensils
- Lunch or dinner with free-flowing drinks!
- Minimum group size is 10
- Maximum group size is 32
In true Great British Bakery style we will set you a challenge where you will be competing against each other in teams and creating your favourite treats! Given a short demonstration to help point you in the right direction you will be given a recipe to follow and you must adjust it to your style in order to impress the chef. Once the bakes are out of oven it's back to the workshop and let the judging begin! When everyone has finished and the chef has named and rewarded the winner, you will get to sit down and enjoy the, hopefully, wonderful baked goods with a selection of teas and coffee to celebrate!
We run two sessions, a morning session typically starts from 10am - 3pm and an evening session from 5pm - 10pm
We’ll have you in teams making and decorating your cakes. Once the bakes are in the oven you can relax for an hour or so over lunch in our private dining room whilst the cakes bake and cool.
Once lunch is over, back to the workshop to decorate the cakes and let the judging begin! A prize for the winning team and lots of beautiful cake for everyone else!
This is a typical layout of our ‘Bake Off’ Session, although we can be flexible on the start/finish time for your event.
• Arrive 10am - On arrival you will be greeted with a glass of Prosecco and continental breakfast (selection of pastries, fruit skewers, juices, tea and coffee)
• Health and safety briefing and preparation for the cookery session.
• Practical cookery session preparing your 2 bakes/cakes in teams. You’ll get to know all the tricks of the trade!
• Group sit down to enjoy lunch/dinner whilst your cakes/bakes cook. Please note you will have unlimited wine, beer and soft drinks throughout the practical and during your lunch.
• Back to the workshop to decorate your bakes/cakes, then the judging will take place, the winning team are awarded ‘Top Bakers’ and the loosing team the dreaded ‘wooden spoon’! But you all get cake!
• Finish 3pm – You’ll get to take your cakes and bakes home with you and we’ll email you recipe and method cards so you can show off your new culinary skills to your family and friends.
The evening event runs in the same format but with a selection of homemade canapés on arrival.
SIMILAR ACTIVITIES AND FUN IDEAS
Stacks of fun activity ideas to choose from, we can design your perfect day out, so if you're set on a fun idea but struggling to put it all together - call 01273 858206.