Activity : Team Building Event: Eden CSR – 2600
Key Business Benefits
- Planning a strategy
- Allocating resources
- Dealing with change
- Decision making
- Sharing information
- Time management
Teams Environmental Team Building with a collaborative twist
Eden is often described as one of the most ingenious events available. The game is based on teams striving for success while having to be aware of the impact their decisions have on those around them..
Teams arrive at base camp, where (in competition) they are challenged with building the ultimate sustainable community. There are numerous variations, typical to real life, which teams must work with in order for their community to survive.
In order to build their community, groups travel around the world to complete a number of fun international challenges, each of which has an educational value. Did you know how much energy your TV uses when left overnight on standby? Each challenge completed will earn teams travel resources and funds which they need to build and develop their community.
Every time a team travels they incur obvious damage to the environment. Some methods of travel are cheaper than others; however the lower value options tend to have more impact on the planet. A giant gauge monitors emission. When you’re in the green you’re safe, however as soon as the gauge hits the red, recovery is the only option. Teams have to unite and reverse the damage. It will cost them though! The trick is for teams to recognise the need to work together and reduce emissions rather than adopting a gung-ho approach and inviting impact.
An event that raises awareness of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Eden raises personal and group awareness of today's most important CSR issues
- Fun, competitive and experiential team building challenge
- Teams build a sustainable community by completing tasks set around the world
- Tasks are numerous, adaptable and immediately satisfying to all different types of people
- Highly visual central 'Emissions Gauge' gives the game a strong focal point
- Each team has a unique cryptex (a handheld encryption device)
- You learn that the curator was a significant player in a secret society
- The identity of the assassin is hidden in works of art exhibited around the museum
- Your team plans their own investigation of the museum's historical artefacts
- The aim is for your team to be first at cracking the code to identify the killer
The Eden Teambuilding event unites teams by raising awareness of shared responsibilities through shared experiences.